Fountain Plating Company, Inc.
492 Prospect Avenue
West Springfield Ma, 01089
Phone: (413) 781-4651
Fax: (413) 733-8217
Ecoloy® & Ecoloy II®
Properties: Deposits are resistant, at room temperature to:
- Salt Solutions, including Sea Water
- Nitric Acid
- Other Acids at pH above 1
- Atmospheres highly polluted with Sulfer Dioxide or Hydrogen Sulfide
- Neutral Solutions or Alkalis
Hardness of Deposit: 57 - 59 RC
Temperature Stability: Deposits are stable up to 320 degrees C (600 degrees F)
- Comparable to Silver
- Excellent spread factor when used as an undercoat for Precious Metals
- Excellent after storage
Magnetic Properties: Non-Magnetic. Overall magnetism depends on base materials and undercoating.
Coefficient of Friction: Low, excellent for bearing surfaces. Self lubricating, resistant to galling when run on itself.
Appearance: Simulates Stainless Steel and is available in Bright, Semi-Bright, Brushed or Matte Finish.
Stress of Deposit: Normal Compressive. (0 - 40,000 psi)
Contact Resistance: Slightly Higher than Gold. After wear, equal or better than Gold.
Nobility: Negative 0.20 volts - similar to Nickel-base alloys or Titanium.